Perfectly tender and juicy Salsa Chicken baked on a bed of fresh tomato salsa and topped with melted cheese. A low carb, Keto-friendly, scrumptious, and cheesy chicken dinner LOADED with flavor. SALSA CHICKEN
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts stay juicy baked in Angry Tomato Salsa, getting all the flavors from tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and garlic.
Incredibly simple and SO easy to make, this Baked Salsa Chicken is always the perfect recipe for when you’re short on time, but still want a delicious, homemade dinner.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Warm some olive oil in a skillet.
- Season chicken breasts with a mixture of seasonings, herbs, salt, and pepper; or your favorite taco seasoning mix then transfer chicken to skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side, or until just browned.
- Cover the bottom of a baking dish with your favorite variety of Angry Tomato Salsa. Arrange chicken on top and add more Angry Tomato Salsa over each chicken breast.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Add shredded cheese on top and bake for 4 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then serve.
Also, you can shred the cooked chicken breasts, mix everything together, and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Shredded chicken is great for using in tacos, burritos, and on top of salads.