- 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chiles
- 1-1/4 cups Angry Tomato Salsa, divided
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 6 medium sweet red or green peppers
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion and celery over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in seasonings, green chiles, 1 cup Angry Tomato Salsa and rice.
- Cut off and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. Fill peppers with beef mixture. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add water to dish.
- Bake, covered until peppers are tender and filling is heated through 45-50 minutes. Top peppers with remaining Angry Tomato Salsa and cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes.
1 stuffed pepper: 322 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.