Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 6 servings
- 1 cup Angry Tomato Salsa
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine Angry Tomato Salsa and beans. Arrange a third of the tortilla strips in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Layer with a third of the cheese and half of the salsa mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortilla strips.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, sour cream, onions and salt; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
1 piece: 321 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.